Terms & conditions
* Deposit: For all bookings we require credit / debit card details to confirm the booking. While we may not take a deposit at time of booking (we will agree amount in advance if deposit is to be taken), if for whatever reason you are unable to take your holiday, we may charge your credit/debit card by the amount set out in our cancellations policy.
* Payment: The price includes VAT at 20% unless otherwise stated. All major credit cards accepted but payment by credit card is subject to a 3% additional charge. There is no such charge for payment by debit card, unless this is an international card, when the 3% levy applies.
* Cancellation policy: Once you have booked your holiday, our agreement is a legal contract. If for whatever reason you cannot take your holiday and you cancel more than two weeks in advance of your arrival date, you will not be charged. If you cancel within one to two weeks of your arrival date, you will be charged the price of your first night. If you cancel less than a week before your arrival date, you will be charged the price of your full booked stay. For this reason we strongly recommend that you take out cancellation insurance, which is inexpensive and can be obtained from any good broker.
* We would only cancel your holiday if your accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would attempt to offer you alternative accommodation, however if this was not possible, or unacceptable to you, then we would refund all monies paid by you for the holiday. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
* Children under 12 eat cooked breakfast at £5 and buffet breakfast @ £3.50. Some family rooms can accommodate three children, but price will be based on number of occupants and length of stay. Please telephone to confirm and to ensure you are booked into the most appropriate room for your needs.
* Check-in: Your accommodation will be available to you from 4pm on the day of arrival, unless we have arranged otherwise. Please try not to arrive earlier as we may still be preparing your accommodation and therefore not available to welcome you.
* Check out: Please be ready to leave the accommodation by 10.30am on the day of departure, unless otherwise arranged. Please try to leave the accommodation as clean as possible. You must settle your bill in full before departure – if you are leaving before 8am, please pay your bill the evening before. If you have made use of any further service for which payment has not been made during your holiday, we will add this to your invoice.
* Smoking: We are strictly NO SMOKING. Guests believed to have been smoking in the rooms may be charged up to £50.
* Parking: Vouchers are available at £1 per day. These are valid for ‘S’ zone parking only, for all of the date they are marked and up to 11am the next day. You must fill in your registration details and complete the date as directed on the voucher or they will not be valid and you may receive a parking ticket. Restrictions run from 8am-6pm, Monday to Saturday – there are no parking restrictions in ‘S’ zone on Sundays.
* Pets are not permitted.
* Breakages and damages: Please take care with our property. You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages which you cause to the accommodation or its contents. Please report these as soon as they occur. We do not normally charge for minor breakages, but we may send you an invoice for repair or making good if the damage or breakage is significant and will charge this to your credit/debit card.
* We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or our employees or contractors whilst acting in the course of employment.
* Data: Any data collected during the course of this booking may be kept on computer.
* Choice of suite / room: When you book a specific suite or room for your stay, we will do our best to accommodate you in the same suite / room. However, we do reserve the right to move you without notice prior to or during your stay to an alternative that is appropriate to the numbers in your party if necessary.
* Access statement: For more information on accessibility please see Access statement for The Guesthouse East B&B in Eastbourne